Welcome to the Echinus Project!
The Echinus is a highly versatile CNC Hardware plattform for users with needs for expandability, quality and security.
Echinus V1.7a offers versatile functions for CNC positioning machines. The device is especially designed for multi axis actuating machines and can be used in a wide range of applications, where accurate positioning is required. 3D printers, lathes, solarpanels, pick&place machines, telescopes, robotic equipment and other systems with bipolar steppermotors can be attached and controlled.
The pcb is mostly assembled in SMT technology in high industrial standard and combines functionality with safety.
Heart of the electronics builds a Atmega128A microcontroller with adequate speed and memory, so there is room for more.
V1.7a is the first available Echinus Board with following features:
- Independent microcontroller based system
- Six bipolar 1.5 A stepper motor drivers
- 3 high current switches with up to 10A per Switch
- Two fan outputs with up to 2.6 A (total)
- Overall continuous load current = 12 A (20 A Peak)
- SD card connector
- USB bootloader for easy firmware updates
- I2C interface and 8 pins for extensions
- 5V (200 mA) and 3.3V (100 mA) for external logic devices
- Galvanically isolated serial interface (USB)
- Powered by ATX2.2 standard power supply with ATX24 connector
- High side current measurement
- Onboard temperaturesensor for microcontroller
- Independent overtemperature shutdown
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Programmable shutdowns via microcontroller (overcurrent, temperature, watchdog)
- 6 analog in- and outputs, several other I/Os
- Free available software development kit, drivers and sources.
- FAT32 filesystem for SD card supported in firmware
Echinus is a high class product with extensive possibilities for demanding users.
Browse the documents and study the technical specifications for full descriptions.
For questions about availability and pricing please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.